Your Journey – Living Away From Home, is a guide written by the members of SiCC & SLCC to tell you everything you need to know about being in care.
The Guide is divided up into sections to help you find what you are looking for.
- Hello from SiCC & SLCC!
- Why are you living away from home?
- Where are you going to live and who will look after you?
- So what are the different types of places you could live?
- Your education.
- Seeing your family, friends and other important people.
- Who is going to make sure you’re okay, support you and make decisions about you?
- What can you expect whilst living away from home?
- What do those words mean? In this section we have provided you with a list of words that you may hear but not know what they mean.
- The Councils promise to you – The Pledge.
- Useful contacts