Having Your Say

Having Your Say

Somerset County Council like to know what you think about the services you receive. By listening carefully about what you tell them, they can make services better. You can tell them good or bad things or put forward your ideas and any improvements you think they could make. Somerset County Council will try to make the changes you want but if they can’t they will explain why.

If you are pleased with something or someone then let Somerset County Council Know. They will share your compliment with the member of staff and their manager. It is important that people know when things have gone well or when they have done a good job.

If you have a suggestion about how Somerset County Council could make services better tell them about it. They will write and thank you for your comment and let you know what they have done.
There may be times when you feel unhappy or sad about something or someone or feel that you have not been treated fairly or not had something that you feel you are entitled to. If this is the case, you may wish to complain.

You can talk, text, email or write to your Social Worker, IRO, Leaving Care Worker or their team manager or you could ask them for a Comments, Compliments or Complaints Card which you can fill out and give to them or post it back to the office. Your worker will give you a freepost return envelope with your card.

If you do not want to do this, you can do it online instead.

You can also tell us

  • by text: 07781482858
    by phone: 0300 123 2224
  • or by using the box at the bottom of this page
Mind Of My Own is a participation tool for young people who use health, care and education services. Mind Of My Own enables young people to have their voices heard and to participate in the decisions about their life. By using the website or the apps children and young people can say what they want when they want.

Mind Of My Own is available to use via the website or you can download the app from your app store, links below.

You may want someone separate from your social worker or leaving care worker who can help you plan what you want to say at meetings, when decisions are being made about you or to make a complaint. An advocate can help you speak up for yourself or to help you put your views across. If you would like an advocate or wish to find out more information, please visit the Somerset County Council page or you can download the Route 1 Advocacy leaflet here.

We want to hear from you, you can make a comment, compliment or complaint here:

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Your Message

Please check this box to confirm that you are happy for us to contact you. You will not be added to a mailing list and your information will only be used to respond to your message. You can find out more about how we store and handle your data on our Privacy Notice page.